For Pet and Planet to Thrive
Your dog deserves the best – that’s why we put nutrition first. So how do we provide superb quality food? With nature, science, and kindness!
Our ingredients are high quality, clean and found in nature. We source all the key nutrients that pets need to thrive from across the tree of life, with a focus on kindness and sustainability in every choice we make.
The Benefits of our Recipe:
- With high nutritious content of protein, vitamins, minerals, fibre, and fatty acid, insects are the “superfood” of the future.
- Our novel proteins are less likely to cause allergic reactions
- Our patent-pending recipe contains natural sources of key ingredients, which are essential to pet health
- Our formula supports gut health through prebiotics found in our novel ingredients
Our adult maintenance dog food contains:
Black Soldier Fly Protein, Lentils, Oats, Chickpeas, Yeast, Flax seed, Black Soldier Fly oil, Seaweed, Peas, Apples, Beet Pulp
Black Soldier Fly Protein
Insects are rich in protein and contain all the essential amino acids dogs need to thrive and live a healthy life. Their amino acid profile is comparable to commonly used protein sources like beef and chicken, while being a much more sustainable alternative. Black soldier fly larvae (BSFL) are abundant in calcium and phosphorus to help support healthy bones, with calcium contents similar to dairy milk. BSFL are also rich in zinc and iron, with similar contents to lean meat, one of the richest sources of these minerals.
Added benefits of BSFL include BSFL oil. BSFL oil contains high levels of lauric acid, a medium chain fatty acid, also found in coconut oil. Lauric acid has antiviral and antibacterial properties, so it’s able to fight off pathogens like bacteria, making the BSFL very clean! Lauric acid has also demonstrated prebiotic effects to help improve gut health.
BSFL also contain a chitinous exoskeleton. Chitin is fibrous and can act a prebiotic, while increasing the production of short chain fatty acids (butyrate, acetate, and propionate) in the gut, providing an energy source for the gut microbiome. BSFL have also demonstrated antioxidative and anti-inflammatory capabilities in dogs.
Lentils contain protein and fiber. They are a great source of vitamins B1, B2, and B9. Why else do we love lentils? They are:
- High in protein (28%)
- Low in fat
- A good source of dietary fibre
Oats are a good source of β-glucans, which can lower fat and glucose levels in the blood. Β-glucans can be beneficial to control or prevent obesity and diabetes. Our whole grain oats are also a:
- Source of essential amino acids and macrominerals
- Readily available source of energy
- High in vitamin E
Barley is a readily available source of energy and good source of dietary fiber. It also contains β-glucans, which can lower fat and glucose levels in the blood. Β-glucans can be beneficial to control or prevent obesity and diabetes. We also love that barley:
- Can lead to a decrease in loose stools and less frequent stools in dogs
- Is a source of essential amino acids and macrominerals (Ca, P, Mg, Na, P, Cl, S)
- Provides Vitamin E
Chickpeas are high in protein (22%) with a well-balanced amino acid composition and protein bioavailability, making them a great source of protein and dietary fiber. Chickpeas also:
- Contain essential vitamins A, E, K, B9, B2, B5, and B6.
- Are great for gut health
Yeast are rich in protein and support gut health. We include yeast in our diet for:
- A great hypoallergenic protein source
- Their rich essential amino acid profile
- Rich flavour enhancing amino acids
Flax seeds are rich in omega-3s and omega-6s while also being a source of protein and fiber. Flax is:
- The richest vegetarian source of alpha linolenic acid (Omega 3)
- An excellent source of fat (41%), protein (20%) and dietary fiber (28%)
Black Soldier Fly Oil
BSFL oil contains high levels of lauric acid, a medium chain fatty acid, also found in coconut oil. Lauric acid has antiviral and antibacterial properties, so it’s able to fight off pathogens like bacteria, making the BSFL very clean! Lauric acid has also demonstrated prebiotic effects to help improve gut health.
Brown seaweed or kelp is rich in minerals with higher levels of iron and copper then red meat and spinach. Kelp is:
- Rich in minerals (I, K, Ca, Mg, P, Fe, Zn, Cu) with 10-100 times higher mineral content than regular vegetables
Source of dietary fiber and helps maintain gut health.
Provides dietary fiber and protein, as well as minerals.
Good source of antioxidants (and they smell and taste yummy!)
Guaranteed Analysis: the minimum percentages of crude protein and crude fat, and the maximum percentages of crude fiber and moisture found in a diet when fed as directed.
Crude: refers to the specific method of testing the product, not the quality of the nutrient
Ash: represents the total amount of minerals found in the food
Developed with support from:
Join the Kindness Revolution
With Clean Transparent Nutrition
We understand the pressure of navigating labels, and wanting to get it right. It is important that you feel good about the food you select. We want to help.
HOPE is as exceptional as the food we make. We are:
- Women founded and women-led
- All Canadian, from sourcing to manufacturing
- A social enterprise on a mission to reimagine the pet food industry with science and kindness
- Committed to fact-based formulation and full transparency